How do the prophets of the Bible describe the condition of the world and people in the end times? Some will be happily indulging in all kinds of progressive technological and sexual freedom. Others will be watching in bewilderment as truth, logic, human life and love are redefined and language becomes meaningless. A sorting out of those who worship the God of the Bible and those who don’t will be evident by the culture wars and actual wars. Those who hate God will state this proudly and demonstrate it by violence and become more and more deranged. Conversations and peace between the two sides will become impossible as the end gets closer. Those who fear God will persevere in love and faith until the end.
Greedy and Ungrateful
- Wealthy, Land filled with idols that are the work of their hands, Land filled with horses and chariots ,Fortune tellers (Isaiah 2 and Micah 4)
- People will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God (2 Tim 3)
- Worshipping gods of gold
- Ungodly, grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires, loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage (Jude 1)
Violent and Highly Sexualized
- Divisions, apostates, following pagan gods, cults
- Wars, famines, earthquakes, Christians put to death and hated, false prophets arise, lawlessness increases, love grows cold (Matthew 24)
- Sexual immorality and sexual idolatry
- Orgies and drunkenness, sensuality, quarreling and jealousy
Deceived and in Denial
- As in the days of Noah, people will be eating and drinking and marrying and unaware of the coming judgment
- False prophets
- Rebellion against God
- Believing False signs and wonders
- People under a strong delusion believe what is false
- Wolves in sheep clothing devouring their congregations who have itching ears
Faith will be tested and revealed
- Many will be purified, but many will act wickedly
- All who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
- Limited revivals, dreams, visions, prophets will happen and people will be saved even as the world gets more wicked.
- Jews will begin returning to Israel, even if they don’t know why.
- People who believe in God will relate to each other more than to those who do not, even though their beliefs are different .
- True believers will be tested.
- God will save those who come to Him.
But do not despair. The Lord’s Prayer is a beautiful reminder of God’s character, his sovereignty, and his love for us and can help us stay faithful in these last days. Each petition reveals truths about God. Prayer is our most important weapon against deception and source of wisdom and peace.
“Our Father who art in heaven” tells us that God is our FATHER, not just the creator of the universe. And he IS. He is real. And he wants us to pray to him.
“Hallowed be thy name” says that God and his name are HOLY and we should honor it.
“Thy kingdom come, thy will be done” refers to the truth that God is the king, and our desire is to be for his kingdom to be revealed on earth and for his will to be done
“On earth as it is in heaven” means that God is honored in heaven as the king, unlike on earth where he is not yet being honored. But that is what we pray for.
“Give us this day our daily bread” is the humble acknowledgment that God can and will provide for our needs.
“And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us” a long and important section that emphasizes that God is willing to forgive us when we ask and that we must do the same for others as well.
“Lead us not into temptation” is a plea for mercy and the confession that we are weak.
“and deliver us from the evil one” shows that God can protect us from Satan’s attempts to destroy us and his accusations against us.
“For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen” . No explanation needed.
The one thing I know about the end times is that it’s going to get A LOT worse before it gets better.
I really appreciate this clear and Biblical explanation of the end times. Thanks for sharing!!
One of the most important things for us to remember is to love our enemies, even those who persecute us. How else will they be saved unless we represent our Lord to them?