Yes, I think we all have a list of reasons to hate this year, but I’m trying to be positive, look for the rainbow and the silver lining and count my blessings.
- Lots of time at home. For some that is not a good thing, but for others, it was a nice change from rushing around everywhere and not having much time at the house that you work hard to pay for. I have completed several projects!
- Deep introspection. This year has presented many opportunities to question our motives, beliefs, and prejudices and those of the people in power. We all need to do this.
- New skills. Who hasn’t learned how to use Zoom or other virtual meeting spaces? More cooking. More Reading. More studying about alternative medicine, politics, history, religion, crafts, etc.
- Finding new ways to cope with stress. Too much eating, boozing, drugging, and social media scrolling is not healthy. A lot of us took on personal challenges when we couldn’t do group activities.
- Empathy. Despite the negative media portrayals of people hating each other, I believe that many of us are really trying to discuss and understand the point of view of our friends and strangers on many important issues.
- Strengthening our faith through more prayer, more Bible reading, more listening to God instead of just talking to Him. Trusting Him through this will make us stronger!
- More kids being homeschooled. Parents are learning about the benefits of homeschooling and jumping in with both feet!
- The rise in popularity of Black Conservative influencers. They have been out there since the #blexit and #walkaway movements began, but people are really paying attention now.