Here I go again! Some of you know that I have tried a few different times to monetize this blog. I actually pay for the privilege of having my own domain name and WordPress.com website support, so I am trying to justify that expense.
So you may notice that I am now including Amazon links in my articles. I actually signed up for this program a few years ago, but I got busy and let it fall by the wayside. I get a little bit more traffic these days than I used to, so I am going to give it another go.
Because of this I have turned off the Google AdSense ads and replaced them with Amazon ads. This will give me more control over the ads that are shown and allow me to link items that I review. There were some Google ads that I did not like but I couldn’t change it.
You will need to add an affiliate disclaimer to your page such as the one below this. You can save this block and reuse it.
Notice: As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission from qualifying purchases made from clicks on links in articles or Amazon advertisements.
The Amazon program is actually quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. Basically you sign up on their site, then you make HTML links and place them appropriately in your blog articles using the HTML block. You can get banner ads from the amazon associates website and you get product links from the main Amazon site after you sign up. There will be a toolbar at the top of the site under the search area.
How to add a Link
- You simply locate the item that you want to link to on Amazon.com using the search or by browsing.
- Next locate the SiteStripe on the same page (it will appear after you have signed up for the program and logged in)and click on either Text, Image, or Text+Image, or Custom, and type Ctrl C to copy the already highlighted code.
- Then go to your blog and choose the + to add a new block. Choose the Custom HTML block and box will pop up.
- Then type Ctrl V to past the code.
- You can then use Preview to see what it will look like.
- To add more than one item side by side, hit enter at the end of the first code (in the HTML box) and copy and paste the next code. Then choose preview to check it.
Below is an example of the toolbar which is called SiteStripe that makes getting links fast and easy.
Below this paragraph you will see an example of a banner ad.
Below this is an example of a product link that I created from the page shown above.
Want to try making money off affiliate links? Here is the link again. https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ Good luck! Got any tips for me? Please share in the comments!