After Global Running Day, and seeing all the great posts from runners and their photos, you may be thinking you should get in on this action. Running is a very doable, flexible hobby that can be bring you enjoyment and health and personal satisfaction. If you’re single, running groups are a great place to meet potential dates, too. Not every runner is an ultrarunner, of course, but this list can apply to most of them.
- They don’t need someone else to make them happy.
- Can function well on little sleep.
- Willingness to get up early for runs will make it easier when you want them to bring you breakfast in bed.
- No need to nag them to exercise and eat healthy.
- You always know what they are thinking about.
- They actually like to go shoe shopping.
- You always know what they want for their birthday, Christmas, Father’s Day, Flag day….race registrations!
- They are always hungry and will be more willing to go out to eat.
- Those sexy legs and bizarrely low resting heart rate !
- You’ll get to brag about all their accomplishments to your (former) friends at work.
Gu is one of my favorite fuels for running long distances. Depending on how much I’ve eaten for breakfast, the weather, and the distance, I will usually eat a GU packet about every 3 to 4 miles on a run longer than one hour. Be sure to follow the GU with a drink of water. Please CLICK the picture to order from Amazon!